If you're already a PEAK regular, you're one step ahead of the millions of people who have resolved to lead a healthier life in 2016. If you're looking for additional ways to make healthy changes this year, check out this article from the good folks at Huffington Post Healthy Living.
Want the abridged version? Here is a quick summary of the 10 Things Insanely Healthy People Do (with some pro tips from the PEAK staff):
- Set a sleep schedule.
- Wake up early. PEAK Pro Tip: If you want to wake up earlier, try setting your alarm just 2-3 minutes earlier each day. The daily change won't seem significant, but in two weeks or less, you'll be waking up 30 minutes earlier!
- Drink a lot of water. PEAK Pro Tip: To figure out how much water you need each day, multiply your weight by 0.67. That number is the number of ounces of water you should drink on days you do not exercise. On days you exercise, add 6-12 ounces per 30 minutes of exercise, depending on your level of intensity and how much you sweat.
- Exercise before the day gets going.
- Eat a hearty, balanced breakfast.
- Meditate. PEAK Pro Tip: If you're interested in meditation but don't know where to start, there are plenty of podcasts out there. Pick a duration or a topic that speaks to you!
- Write in a journal. PEAK Pro Tip: You don't need to go all "Dear Diary" in your journal. At the start of the day, write down three things you can do to make the day great. At the end of the day, write down three things from the day for which you are grateful. You'll quickly find that you are more productive and appreciative.
- Listen to music.
- Show love and gratitude.